Thursday, July 17, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

{Pretty}
The Wallpaper designs of William Morris.  I am like a kid in a candy store!  These definitely make life pretty.





{Happy}
This week I reveled anew in the loveliness of tea and all that goes with it.  The tea pots, the cups, the linens, the tins all coming together to create that utterly old world romance that is the happiness of TEA.  
 










 






{Funny} 
Well, I DID make my first batch ever of Orange Peach marmalade. It looked pretty good, but I think I didn't cook it long enough to make it thick, so it came out a bit runnnny.  So, we canned it up anyway and we are now calling it Orange Peach.......Compote.  = )  It tastes really good over oatmeal and ice cream.  Next time I will cook it longer. 



{Real}
Every year in July this happens, and I find it incredibly fascinating every time.  The Sycamore out in front of our house sheds its bark, and shows this smooth beautiful wood underneath.  I find it a wonderful metaphor about losing our crusty outsides to reveal the secret beauty of grace underneath.   





round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment