Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Fall Things

{Pretty}
Mum Colors.  They aren't luscious like spring colors, or BRIGHT like summer colors, but, like autumn they are.....hmmm.....like muted glory.




{Happy}
The window above my sink.  It just makes me happy.  I am easily amused. 




{Funny}
This is not a picture.  But when we were studying the Norse gods and talking about the end of their world and the great battle that the gods and the Frost Giants fought, I asked my kids who sounded the alarm to the gods that the Giants were there.  Active Child piped up, "Zeus?"  And I sighed and said, "He is a GREEK god."  "Well", said Active Child without skipping a beat, "Greece isn't that far away and he IS a god.  I'm sure he was happy to help them out."  Clever, but....no.


{Real}
Trees are changing slowly.  Today is hot and humid again.  My favorite fall trees haven't turned gold yet, but there are signs that the glory is a comin'






















4 comments:

  1. Love all your foliage shots! So pretty! And love AK's logic! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your front door? I love the paint color! It matches your mums perfectly!
    The Zeus comment is great!
    Beautiful foliage photos! We starting to see some changing colors here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a side door that faces the street. It is "Merlot" red. I have always wanted a red door.

      Delete
  3. Cute story about the gods and Zeus. - Loving all your lovely fall foilage photos. My favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete