Seven Quick Quotes
That passed through my head this week
1. "So, what would be so terrible.....if I had a small FORTUNE!"
-Tevye (Fiddler on the roof)
I agree. And it sounds better if you say it out loud to yourself when no kids can hear. I tried the dance, but it was too shocking for a picture.
2. "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death".
(it's good to say this to yourself a lot, because no matter where you are there is a tidbit from the feast hanging around waiting to be found)
3. "It is easier to pray for a boor, than to go and visit him."
(Ah, yes. Lewis very pithily makes us squirm in our spiritual seats as we, of course, must nod our heads.)
4. "Lying in bed would be an altogether perfect and supreme experience if only one had a coloured pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling." G.K.Chesterton
(But then, length has never stopped a few of my children from making that dream come true in their younger years)
5. "This is one of those days that the pages of history teach us are best spent lying in bed." - Uncle Willie (Philadelphia Story)
(a quote useful for many daily scenarios)
6. "The time to make up your mind about people is ... never."
Tracy Lord (Philadelphia Story)
(that movie is quite profound actually. One of my favorites)
7. "After all, tomorrow is another day!"
(my excuse for not bringing up the laundry pile. But I don't look this good when I am saying it.)