Monday, October 23, 2017

A Glimpse of Rivendale



Early morning walk. I felt as though I caught a fleeting glimpse of "Rivendale" and then it disappeared as the sun rose higher. 


Tolkien, being a good Englishman, probably loved his walks. Did he find Rivendale outside of some small village in the English countryside one day as he walked along? I like to think he did. 






I am so thankful for people whose minds discover, turn to, and breathe in the beauty that is found around them and then spin it into stories of courage, love, and a celebration of the ordinary that is not so ordinary after all. It enables us, their readers, to take a walk in a Midwestern city park and find the mystery therein.

  











4 comments:

  1. Wonderful red colour in the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tour of the town! It looks like a wonderful place to spend some time. I like the details that you choose for your images.

    ReplyDelete