Thursday, August 14, 2014

TODAY

I thought I would link up to The Simple Woman's Daybook today.  So, here goes.........

Outside my window...............the mailman is singing as he goes up the steps and the petunias on my front porch are waving in the breeze.


I am thinking.........hmmm, home schooling starts at our house soon....eeeeep!

I am thankful........for the "unique" qualities of my children.
This was taken after an insane marathon game of Monopoly.

In the kitchen........Youngest Child is cooking an egg with Tuscan Sunset Seasoning.  He has acquired quite a gourmet taste this summer.

I am wearing........jeans, blingy white sandals, and a flowered top

I am creating.........set and costume ideas for the fall play at the high school where I teach drama.

I am going........to take the Lovely Daughter to college.  A nice Road Trip is a glorious thing.

I am wondering.........what my house will be like when all the children have flown.

I am reading............Shakesperean Star Wars.........quite, quite funny.

I am hoping.........I can carpool successfully to all our activities.  I am solo this year as all my drivers are off to college.

I am looking forward to........the leaves changing color outside my kitchen window and picking apples.

Around the house.......I have finally framed my William Morris wallpaper designs to put up in my bathroom.


I am pondering..........the fragility of human emotions and yet how strong they can also be.

A favorite quote for the day:   "What fools we are! We admire and glorify God's action in the books which describe his works, and when he is ready to continue them by writing them in our hearts, we cannot keep the paper still on which he is to write, and we prevent his action by being curious to see what he is doing in us and in others." - Fr. J.P. de Caussade, S.J., "Self-Abandonment to Divine Providence"

One of my favorite things:  This Classroom sign created just for us by my good friend Mary.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Finish putting my schoolroom back together for the new year, check the tires on our van for the coming road trip.

A peek into my day................



No comments:

Post a Comment