Tuesday, September 2, 2014

For Today

My September musings for 
The Simple Woman's Day Book


Outside my window.................clouds full of lightning are coming this way.  Spectacular!

I am thinking..........how great it felt yesterday to be outside away from the city for awhile and being able to feel the sun on my skin, the breeze on my face, the coolness of water.......the sense of touch is quite something when you think about it.



I am thankful........for my husband Tony and his wisdom, humor, and complete steadiness.



In the kitchen............. caramel apples! We picked them right off the trees yesterday.........just the apples....with no caramel...but wouldn't THAT be great if caramel apples grew on trees.



I am wearing...........white capris and a navy tee shirt with jewely sandals
I am creating..........a sitting room out of an old bedroom.  First step:  painting all the old boy's blue bedroom furniture "Lovely Green".  That is actually the name of this color.  My favorite color is green in any shade.....but this shade is quite wonderful.



I am reading...........Persuasion by Jane Austin.  Chock full of her glorious witticisms.  I like this book very much.  The heroine is such a real person and there are times I so understand how she feels.  Emma is still my favorite, but this is fast becoming a close second.




I am going......to direct a drama rehearsal tomorrow........always a fun thing to look forward to for a drama-phile.

I am wondering.........how the saints remained so faithful day in and day out.  I wonder what it would be like to feel the fire for Christ that they had and to know the friendship they shared and felt for HIM.

I am hoping........for cooler weather!

I am pondering.........the fact that laundry never seems to come to an end! To infinity and beyond!

A favorite quote:  From Pope Francis 
"Being envious, mean-spirited may be human, but its not CHRISTIAN.  How much gossip goes on in parishes!  We mustn't do it!  I won't tell you to cut off your tongue. No. Not that. But DO ask the Lord for the grace to not gossip, all right?!"


Around the house........it is very quiet right now.  Hmmm.

One of my favorite things:  The Memoria Press Latin program!  Hands down the best and most wonderful way to teach Latin. A special place in heaven for the teachers who put this program together.  Long live clear, logical, prudent people! They are a dying breed, but they shine like "diamonds among stubble".




Some plans for the week..........science co op, PE, drum lessons, laundry, dance, co op class, drama rehearsals, Mass, school work, laundry.........















1 comment:

  1. Great to read your day book ! Thank you for posting. I love green as well so I sure hope in future posts you will show off that new room! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete