Tuesday, November 18, 2014

For Today: Tech Week

Outside my window............there are rumors of snow.............

I am thinking.........how really incredible people are who can work with their hands.....building things.  A human being is quite something when you take a minute to wonder.  They form a plan in their mind and then their hands build the idea.  

I am thankful .......for the talented and generous dads building my set at the little school where I teach drama.

In the kitchen........we had tortolini with red sauce, garlic bread, and "Gnarley Head" Chardonnay. 

I am wearing flannel, jeans, and my fuzzy slippers.

I am creating........the illusion of outer space as a Renaissance person would see space. We are doing a play where Shakespeare meets Star Wars.  A very wonderful student at my school took my earnest wish for a 12 foot planet back drop and made it work.  He cut it out in three pieces and we are going to attach it to the back of the stage.  Another talented student has painted it in the most striking way.  My 12 foot moon has risen!  See what I mean about human beings..........

I am going.......rather crazy........it is tech week, after all.

I am wondering..........will the whole thing work out.........

I am reading........just the script for the play this week.

I am hoping.......everyone learns their lines on time.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house.  Great cook, fun cousins, family all together.

I am learning........a bit more about computers.  My go to guy has gone to college, so I was lost at cyber sea for awhile, but am slowly getting the hang of it....with many frantic e mails to said go to guy at college.  

Around the house.......all is quiet.

A favorite quote for the day:
  
If of thy mortal good thou art bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves to thee
alone are left; sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to fee thy soul.    
 - Persian Proverb  

One of my favorite things....waiting to see if it will snow....that checking of the sky in anticipation.  Nice feeling.

A peek into my day..................Costumes






No comments:

Post a Comment