Joining up with Carole today for Ten on Tuesday.
The Question: What will you do with that extra hour of daylight, now that Daylight Savings time has come? Hmmmm.
1. I will go out on my front porch and look at the dead mums in my planters and say, "Soon, now. All will be made new!"
2. Open the window by my living room chair no matter how cold it is and sniff that air as I watch the evening sun set down the wall in front of me.
3. I will sit on my back porch and watch the neighborhood come alive with joggers, walkers, dogs of every shape and size, strollers, kids crying, kids asking lots of questions of weary, young, end of a long day moms. This is the beginning of spring....this is how you can tell it is coming.
4. When I get up in the morning and it is dark, I can always reassure myself that it won't be dark at 5:00 pm. I have to say I am conflicted.........I like the sun in the early morning.
5. The world smells different at this time of year, at this time of day. I can smell barbeque fires and wood stoves, I can smell the faintest scent of real spring dirt and pine needles warming up on the ground. It is a hopeful smell...the smell of Lent doing its quiet work to prepare for the Easter burgeoning!
6. Read poetry on the front steps up against my stone pillared porch.
7. White wine and good conversation in the old green porch chair.
I don't have ten, but seven seems like an okay number. May you all enjoy your extra hour today!!!