Thursday, March 12, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} March marches on


It's that time of year when I am just WILLING spring to come.  "I think it will, I think it will.....".  I spent this week looking for it everywhere..and I think I found it peeping out in places.   Now granted I had to go to a botanical garden in a green house for some of these......yes, I am desperate!!!  But SOME of them were taken in their native March habitat.  Either way, I came away in my happy place.

{Pretty}
There is just sheer poetry in a rod iron bench tucked away in a greenhouse.  Sigh!

This little fish was completely unaware that he was giving off an  an indescribable orange glow!  





{Happy}

That running water sound.  




And hunkered, contented ducks enjoying their day.


And my first ever, close up look at an Olive Tree.....Athena's gift to Greece.  The green was a very happy green.






{Funny}
Cacti (see that Latin at work...plural for cactus).... they make me laugh.  They are also quite fantastical......but mostly they just make me laugh.

This one made me want to sing, "You've got a friend in me!"  Yes, I am weird.

And who can say the word kumquat without laughing?  This was my first time seeing these as well.  They are quite lovely despite their name.




{REAL}
Ha!  Proof that spring REALLY is coming.  This was the ground outside under the clouds....no greenhouse for these hearty shoots.  





 And for the finale, here is some man made beauty hanging from the ceiling in the lobby.  







5 comments:

  1. The Botanic Garden was the perfect place to go to look for spring! I love the Chihuly glass, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Yay, spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this post. I feel the same way... Spring is so so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to see the Chihuly sculpture! We got to see several of his works when we lived in Texas. The San Antonio central branch library has an amazing one--it's probably 3 stories tall! And, kumquat--nope, gotta laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim - There are pieces of his work all over this garden. Some of it was springing up out of a pond like orange reeds and I thought it was a plant at first. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete