Monday, November 2, 2015

Ten Things I am Thankful for

1.  This is awful....and don't tell my kids.....but I am so thankful I don't have to find costumes and dress everyone for Halloween this year!  I know I am the Grinch of Halloween, but a thankful Grinch nonetheless!  They are all too old now.  WEEEE HOOOO...ahem, I mean, oh that's too bad.  But just to say: "thanks for memories, here is one of my all time favorite creations on Youngest child a few years ago.  He had this real liking for Gandhi that year....




This was a fun one too.  Thoughtful Child is now 23.  He sure was a cutie (still is).  


2.  I am thankful for having a passion.  I love directing plays.  It makes me feel so alive and close to the poetry of life in the midst of the everyday.  Having lots of rehearsals right now and it's getting exciting.  Shakespeare is astoundingly beautiful, and I am thankful for his "muse" every time I read a particularly genius passage.   

3.  The cold winds of November blowing leaves all over the place.  So fun!  


4.  Thank you to All The Saints who show every kind of holiness to me.  Their lives give me hope.




5.  Thankful for my husband's phlegmatic temperament.  It goes so well with my SANGUINE temperament.  This combo has saved us in almost every single thing we have had to face.  I make him dance and step into spontaneous situations and he makes me think twice about all my wild schemes... he makes me keep lists and I make him try new recipes.  It's a great match...

6.  I am thankful for my wonderful city neighborhood (especially in the fall).  It just has so much character and age.  It would be hard to live in any other house than my city house. 

7.  I am thankful that soccer and basketball practices are close to home this week!  Hurrah!  

8.  I am thankful for the way the light shines through my windows during the fall months.  
9.  I am grateful that the scare of my poor son's  nasty soccer concussion has turned out okay in the end.  Sigh of relief.


10.  I am thankful for quiet cozy places in the house.  

1 comment:

  1. beautiful light in 8! and you and your husband sound very compatible!

    ReplyDelete