Ten on Tuesday
Today, we are asked to describe ourselves with ten different adjectives using the first letter of our name. Hmmmm.....so, here goes.
1. DARING: In all things concerning recipes, launching out with ideas and plans. I can honestly say that I have never been hampered by a fear of failure in trying an adventure like starting a theater company or other such ventures. However, this daring does not translate to rollercoasters, heights, or sports where I might fall to my death. Some of my kids have that kind of daring....mine is more of the, well, cerebral type.
2. DEAR: This is the greeting of choice for me when I drive up to the Starbucks window, or when my order is taken by the waiters at restaurants. Oh, and by the librarian...as in, "what can I get you, Dear?" I have always had a secret wish to be that mysterious, long legged femme fatal who no one would ever dream of calling dear..........but being 5' 1, with a round face and glasses? That just isn't going to happen. So, I'll just OWN it and be a DEAR.
3. DICKENSON: Because I love all her poetry and find my soul's voice there often.
4. DEDICATED: To educating my children, to art, to music, to theater. Not, however, to having the best lawn on the block....I appreciate a manicured lawn, but there isn't much dedication to make it happen outside my front door, alas.
5. DAFFODILS: Because I prefer wild flowers to hot house flowers. Give me a daisy before a rose any day.
6. DELIGHTED: I love to have the time, the energy, and attention to delight properly in things. Paintings, poetry, nature.
7. DUSTY: as in I don't mind dust. I hate clutter, but I don't mind dust.
8. DANCING: I love to cut a rug!
9. DELVE: I like digging for meaing. I love Theology, Philosophy and Literature. I love that feeling of discovering a particularly beautiful metaphor, turn of phrase, or a clear, well expressed idea. And the delving is part of the final reward. This delving also translates into book fairs, old book stores, etc....where the books with the treasures are found.
10. DUSK: my favorite time of day when all the work is done and the smell of dinner is wafting out the window and I step outside on the porch to enjoy the last rays of the sun going down.