Thursday, August 7, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

{Pretty}
It was an amazing day at the thrift store on Monday.  I was only in there for last minute costume pieces, but like my mother I gravitated to the dishes and linens.  Plus, it was dollar days on Monday.  I got all these things for a dollar except the pitcher - and let's just say, that pitcher was worth it.  The Victorian gene is strong in me - I considered it my sworn duty to "save" these dishes from languishing on a forgotten shelf in order that they could once more be the stars of the tea table. 





{Happy}
It was a great week of drama.  We just finished our final show last night and it all went off so well.  I love these young people.  Soon, they are all going to sweep away to the four corners of the U.S. for college or jobs this fall, but we had one last summer time together to act, and laugh, and .... cry.  But it all was a very nice package of happy.  




{Funny}
Please bear with me..........these kids are just too funny. 




{Real}
The aftermath of the Happy and Funny.  My husband always laughs during our tech week as more and more of our living room furniture disappears along with vases, books, and lamps.  Then they all reappear at the end of the play.  One year, a friend lent me her whole living room of vintage furniture for my set.  I have very nice friends. But slowly it will all be put away until next summer.  





Oh, and, ahem, our home school starts on Monday...that just kind of slipped my mind...better get that school room back in shape. 

1 comment:

  1. I love thrift stores and you really found some gems during your trip. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete