Monday, February 16, 2015

For Today: Snow Falling

Outside my window.........snow falling, snow piling up on roofs and cars.





 I am thinking...... about Latin conjugations, declensions, and vocabulary.  We just had a huge review together, Youngest Child and I.  I love Latin.  It is so ordered and makes so much sense to me.





I am thankful Youngest Child has a great memory.  It is fun to teach him!

I am wearing......... black sweats, a yellow thermal shirt, and my fuzzy slippers.  It is very cold today!  Tony is working at home today and this is how he is dressed to work in the back office.  The small space heater isn't cutting it.




I am creating.........a set of the Stations of the Cross for Lent.  Actually, I am finishing what I started last Lent....I am almost there!






I am going........ up and down the stairs to the washing machine and dryer down in the basement.  Snow days are great for getting the laundry caught up.

I am wondering if basketball practice will be canceled because of the snow.  That wouldn't bother me a bit!  Basketball is getting old..........not for my boys, oh never, but for me!

I am reading......."Serenity of Heart" by St. Francis de Sales.

I am hoping...........all the plans I have for next year's schooling will fall into place and that it be God's will. It stresses me out until it is all settled.  Whew!

I am learning.....how to make recipes without sugar, gluten, or wheat.  It is challenging, but Tony and I are learning some creative things. Like roasted brussel sprouts.........HARK!  incredible.  So easy, and so delicious.  Even my picky eaters liked them!

In my kitchen.........Active Child is doing the dishes right now.  They were piling up because of a tournament this past week end.  He is playing catch up with his dish duty this week!

A favorite quote for the day:

“Is it snowing where you are? All the world that I see from my tower is draped in white and the flakes are coming down as big as pop-corns. It's late afternoon - the sun is just setting (a cold yellow colour) behind some colder violet hills, and I am up in my window seat using the last light to write to you.” 
― Jean WebsterDaddy-Long-Legs


One of my favorite things is..........a juicy grapefruit slice.........nothing like it!





A peek into my day.............






3 comments:

  1. Oh, you hubby looks so cold!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latin. I took Spanish in high school. Not until many years later did I wish I had taken Latin because it helps us to figure out what a lot of words mean.

    Your awfully cold weather is sure a trial of one's patience. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby looks like he is bundled well. I have this recipe for brussel sprouts with dried cranberries and a balsamic reduction glaze. They are a hit. I never realized they could be so good.

    ReplyDelete