Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A snowy Ash Wednesday


{Pretty}
An afternoon snow shower.  Big flakes, silver gray sky.  










Ash Wednesday descends.  Beautiful Mass, changed out my upstairs and downstairs oratories, and picked out some Lenten reading. 




 This series of books was on my Dad's shelf for many many years.  I always remembered seeing it when I would go into his office.  This is an amazing history of the Church starting with the ancient Israelites and onward.  I am reading the second half of "Jesus and His Times" as it deals with His time spent in Judea before He enters His Passion and Death.  It is beautifully written and already has me looking up Scripture quotes shaking my head and saying, "I had no idea this was in the Gospel".  I would like to make my way through all the books someday.  But for this Lent, I will try to make it through this very meaty volume.  



Blessed Lent to you all!

10 comments:

  1. your table is beautiful. I'd like to put something at home that would remind me it's Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise! This is my first time visiting your lovely blog - found you through LMLD! Lovely oratories - and I am so excited to check out the book you mentioned. It sounds wonderful.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Teresa,
      Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like the book!
      Denise

      Delete
  3. Where did you get the Lenten Candle Holder? I would love to have something like that for my table during this season to mark the days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Lenten "decor." Perfectly suitable for the season.
    That series sounds so interesting! Going to check it out. And I couldn't help but notice the prices of the books at the time your dad purchased them! Hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a cradle to cross wreath too - I love mine. I don't know where to put it this year, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill,
      I had to put mine on a wider table this year, as the Lenten spiral is bigger than the Advent. I love it too. So simple and beautiful.

      Delete
    2. I have a tray that it fits on perfectly. I'm able to keep it on our dining room table and just remove the tray when we gather to eat each evening. Last year I got tired of putting it back together every single day and just put it away - glad to have found a solution this year.

      Delete
  6. Yes, our prayer corner needs to be "dressed up" for Lent. Thank you for the reminder :-). I love the simplicity of your oratory; it evokes serenity, something that I need this Lenten season.

    ReplyDelete